Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Favorite Quotes - Bible Passages

"God armeth the patriot's hand." 

"No country is wretched, till, by a dastardly acquiescence, it consents to it's own slavery. Bonds and death are the utmost of our enemy's malice; the one is beyond his power to inflict, when a man is determined to die or to live free; and for the other, which of us will think that ruin, which leads to the blessed freedom of Paradise?" 


"Fear not that we are forsaken because of these traitors; but remember our time is in the hand of the God of justice and mercy!" 

''Could the deeds of my life be written on yon blue vault, and my heart be laid open for men to scan, I should be content; for then men would know me as my Creator knows me;''
  William Wallace

''To learn Christ, this is life!'' 

''To love Christ more, this is the Deepest need! the constant cry of my soul''
  Elizabeth Prentiss


"Providence decrees the ultimate happiness of men. Happiness can only be found in virtue; virtue cannot exist without liberty; and the seat of liberty is good laws!"
  The Abbot of Scone, Scotland. 1297

Colossians 3:23-25
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as unto the Lord, and not unto men;
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done, and there is no respect of persons.


Psalm 27:8
When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.


Job 34:32
That which I see not teach thou me: if I have done iniquity, I will do no more.

Exodus 33:14-15
And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.


I John 2:1-7
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.


Hebrews 13:5-6
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.


"The Will of God will never lead you, where the Grace of God cannot keep you." 



In the service of my Father
       Hallie


No comments:

Post a Comment