Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Thought

We had company yesterday, and I had to get the dishes done and out of the way, and since I was in a hurry, I threw one of the pans in the cupboard, instead of stacking it neatly with the others; then this verse popped into my head:

Colossians 3:23-25

23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Then I got to thinking, Mom doesn't like when the dishes aren't stacked nice. And God says:

Exodus 20:12
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

So if I'm not striving to please my parents, then why should God be pleased with me? 
Really, we should always follow that verse in Colossians, we should do all things heartily as unto the Lord, regardless of rewards or not, we ought to obey God, not for future rewards, but out of love to the Great God that created the universe. :)

Wow! anyway, that was supposed to be just a quick thought. :P

 Posted on Google+ February 6th 2012


In the service of my Father
       Hallie

No comments:

Post a Comment