Thursday, August 2, 2012

Trials Sent From Above

 No matter how dark the future may look, or if I'm afraid to take the next step because I can't see what's ahead, God is there, and He helps me through. :) 


 I've heard so many people going through rough times say, "God has forgotten me, or else He wouldn't let this stuff happen to me" and I'm standing on the outside, looking on, and thinking, "how God loves them, they are coming closer to Christ through it all" 

 Yet when I go through tough times, I'm saying "why does God let me go through this? what am I not seeing? what did I do wrong? I can't see that this is doing anybody any good, why is He letting it happen to me? where is He?" but what I'm not seeing is His loving arms are all around me... and what I'm not seeing is He took on my sin, so I can suffer for Him, and be with Him for eternity.

 It sounds ludicrous to say He made it so I can suffer.... but really, He did... and how I thank Him for it! by making it so I can suffer, He made it so I can be near and dear to Him! How wonderful He is! And it's not what I did wrong that's making me suffer... it's what I've done right, by inviting Him in to do whatever work He sees fit to do in me. :) 


 I used to be grumpy when Mom and my sister always played Ron Hamilton's "Wing's As Eagles" CD, but now it has become one of my favorites. :) The song on there, "Rejoice In The Lord" has been such a comfort to me...

God never moves without purpose or plan
When trying His servant and molding a man.
Give thanks to the LORD though your testing seems long;
In darkness He giveth a song.

I could not see through the shadows ahead;
So I looked at the cross of my Savior instead.
I bowed to the will of the Master that day;
Then peace came and tears fled away.


Now I can see testing comes from above;
God strengthens His children and purges in love.
My Father knows best, and I trust in His care;
Through purging more fruit I will bear.

O Rejoice in the LORD
He makes no mistake,
He knoweth the end of each path that I take,
For when I am tried
And purified,
I shall come forth as gold.

 Wow! what a song! and it's SO true! God does have a purpose for everything, and He sends the trials for our own good. :) 


 With a friend, and brother like Him, how can we ever doubt that we're cared for? 
 Jesus prays for me, and is always there for me, all I have to do is call on Him... His ear is not deaf, so that He cannot hear me... His ear is right there, tuned to my voice, so as not to miss a word.
 I love Him so! because He first loved me! :D Which brings me to another song... :) 


  1. My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
    For Thee all the follies of sin I resign;
    My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;
    If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.
  2. I love Thee because Thou hast first loved me,
    And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree;
    I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
    If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.
  3. I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
    And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
    And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,
    If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.
  4. In mansions of glory and endless delight,
    I’ll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;
    I’ll sing with the glittering crown on my brow,
    If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

 Oh shame to man, that we could ever doubt such a friend, such a Savior! Funny how a thought like that can be so sobering, yet fill you with so much joy at the same time.
 I think of Him with a saddened joy.
 The sacrifice He made for me, and the way in which I doubt Him, after all He went through for me, fills me with sadness... yet, His love for me in-spite of all my faults, fills me with unspeakable joy! :D 

 He looked beyond my faults, and saw my need.... (another song) but He didn't see my need, and turn a blind eye to it... He filled that need! :D What an amazing, loving God He is! :D


 Sung to the Londonderry Air (Danny Boy) 

He Looked Beyond My Faults

Amazing Grace..Will always be my song of praise. 
For it was grace, that brought me liberty, 
I do not know, just why He came to love me so. 
He looked beyond my faults and saw my need. 

I shall forever lift mine eyes to Calvary, 
To view the cross, where Jesus died for me 
How marvelous, His grace that caught my falling soul 
He Looked beyond my faults and saw my need.

 What a mighty, loving, patient, forgiving, God we serve!  
 He knows the hurt we go through... He went through it too... but He, in His mercy allows us to go through it, because He can see the future, and He knows what's best for me... for all of us. :) 



 Posted on Google+ May 24th 2012

 In the service of my Father
       Hallie

No comments:

Post a Comment