Thursday, August 2, 2012

Implicit Trust

 Going through some pretty tough things lately. I can't do a thing about them. So I've had to trust God for the outcome. 


 Trusting is hard! 

 I thought I knew what trust meant; but what God has been asking of me, doesn't fit the excepted definition of trust. 
 
 Websters 1828 says trust is - 
 To place confidence in; to rely on.
 To believe; to credit.
 To commit to the care of, in confidence. Trust your Maker with yourself and all your concerns.
 To venture confidently.
 Confidence; a reliance or resting of the mind on the integrity, veracity, justice, friendship or other sound principal of another person.   
 To depend on; to have confidence in; to rely on.
 
 That got me thinking. Do I truly trust God? Do I use "trust" in a flippant way? 
 
 By that definition, I don't truly trust God. 
 I want Him to fix everything, I want Him to help out. But I want to know how He's going to do it, before He does it. I want to be a part of it. I want Him to have me in the center of the fix.   


 That's not truly trusting.  That's relying on myself to fix it, with God's help.  That's saying my God isn't big enough to deal with my problems, or my struggles. 


 What trust really means, and what I pretend it means, are two very different things. 


 One is a mockery to God. It's virtually saying God can't do what He says He can. It's making a liar out of Him. 


 The other is fully relying on Him to do His Divine will. Knowing that He will do what's best for me right now. And not only is it best for me right now. It's best for me for all of eternity.


 God is not a short term thinker like us.  He sees into the future. He made the future. 
 How could I ever doubt that He knows what He's doing? How could I ever wonder if He knows what's ahead for me, and those around me? 
 
 I need to learn to truly trust God. And obey Him based off that trust.   If I don't obey Him, He cannot do the work He wants in me, because I am standing in His way. 


 I have to trust Him even when I don't see the reason for it. Even when I don't know what He's doing.

Trust And Obey

When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

Refrain:
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.

Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.

But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.

Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.

 I haven't been trusting Him with my all.
 I can trust Him with myself most of the time. But when I have to trust Him with others. I have a hard time. This should never be.  


 This week I've had trials I can't bear on my own. I have to trust them to Christ. 

 I've been so worried about them, that I haven't hardly slept, because I didn't trust Him with my cares. I even lost a bit of weight. And that's not bad. I want to. But worrying is the worst way to do it.


 Today I finally came to trust Him, and have had such peace. Peace that passes all understanding. "I've a peace in my heart that the world never gave, a peace it cannot take away"


 To trust God implicitly. That's my goal.  To trust Him, is a sign of my love for Him.  "To love Christ more - This is the deepest need. The constant cry of my soul." ~ Elizabeth Prentiss


 This week has really been a test of my faith in God. A test of my trust in Him.  I've made this quote my daily "motto" - "To learn Christ. This is life!" ~ Elizabeth Prentiss


 God has been teaching me His ways. Little by little. It's a painful process.  But "When I am tried, and purified. I shall come forth as gold" 

 The future may look bleak. My dreams may seem to be gone. They may seem to be a mockery.  But Christ will win the battle. When Christ is at the head of the army. Victory is sweet. :) 

Be Thou my battle-shield, sword for my fight,
Be Thou my dignity, Thou my delight.
Thou my soul's shelter, Thou my high tower.
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power. 

Posted on Google+ June 25th 2012

 In the service of my Father
      Hallie

No comments:

Post a Comment