Thursday, August 2, 2012

Patience

 I like to be useful, and needed, at the center of everything that's going on. 
 But yesterday wasn't one of those days.  I wasn't feeling well, and loneliness has a way of creeping in on down days. :P
 I wanted to clean the house, and cook nice things for the family, but all I got done was making dinner. I didn't even get the crazy dishes done! :P 


 It was one of those days were God kind of says.  Hey, slow down, and listen to Me, you've been too busy again, and have forgotten I'm here. If you're not going to slow down on your own, I'm going to slow you down myself. :}
 


 Down days are hard for me, because I see everything that needs to be done... I promised my friend an embroidered quilt for her new baby, I have to make new slippers for Mom, and there is a pile of patterns that I need to do.  I have a few dresses I need to make, and there is always the house work to do.

 Mom and my sister have health issues, that make it so they shouldn't be working much. (which of course doesn't stop them any) 
 Dad and my brother have little things they need help with throughout the day, and the little brother has school that needs to be done.

 So, let's just say I feel guilty sitting around doing nothing; so I push, and try to get things done anyway.   
 The result is always, I get nothing accomplished, and I'm even more tired then when I started. :P

 Yesterday and today God seems to be driving home a lesson in a book I've read...
"God is just as pleased with His children when they sit with folded hands, as when they are busy doing for others, and for Him." ~ Elizabeth Prentiss

 What a thought! that God would be happy with me, even when I'm sitting in a chair feeling like a no good bum, as He is when I'm bustling about the house doing for others. :)  What a loving, kind God we serve! :) 

 Then, of course, God has been getting through to me, that I can do for others, while sitting in a chair.
 I can practice piano, they always like when I do that, and when I play the only things I know how to (hymns) I feel a closeness to God, like at no other time.
 I can do my sewing projects, and crocheting from a chair. 

 And, there is always an encouraging word I could give to others as they pass by me.
 There is always my Bible to read, and songs to be sung; letters to write, languages to learn! :) (and the Latin Vulgate Bible to read!) {If I could understand more Latin} 

Psalms 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Psalms 27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Yes, I can serve God and others from a chair! And with Gods help, I'll do it! :D 

Posted on Google+ March 1st 2012


In the service of my Father
       Hallie

No comments:

Post a Comment