Wednesday, August 7, 2013

It's War!

 I love war movies. 

 I've always been captivated by war. (no pun intended) War greatly interests me.  

 Now, before you think I'm some horrid, blood thirsty, sicko.... here's why I love to hear stories, and watch movies about war.

 There's just something about it that draws me in... not because I like blood and gore; I can handle that just fine, but don't like it.  It's that being a warrior at heart, I can relate to them in ways, and feel deeply for them. I want to help them.  I want to take part in the fight, and help them to win. 
 When one is killed, I want to comfort the others, and help to care for the wounded. 

 You see, not only am I a warrior, but I'm also a healer.  War is something necessary to accomplish the ultimate goal.  It's the end goal being achieved that I like.  But along the way there are wounds to heal, and hearts to prepare for peace. 

 Most war movies, and stories that I have seen/heard have been about certain things:
 Loyalty. Undying loyalty to comrades and commanders.  
 Obedience to orders, to the point of losing ones life in an attempt to obey. 
 Surrender. Not of one army to another, but of the soldier's will to the commander's will.
 Courage.  Courage to make a stand for what you believe is right, and be willing to die for it. 
 Patience in waiting for orders.
 Love for family, friends and country.
 Sacrifice. Willing to sacrifice ones life to protect their country/others in their care. 
 Team work. Working together toward the ultimate goal. 
 Forgetful of self. 

 But war goes beyond the physical.  War is an inner struggle. It's battling the sinful human nature, and gaining victories for Christ.   It's also fighting for the Kingdom, which is physical in many ways. 

 To me these movies/stories are a picture of what we, as children of the King, are supposed to be doing.

 We are to have undying loyalty to Christ, and His cause. 

 We are to obey Him in all things. Even to the point of losing our lives in the fight. 
 Philippians 1:20-21

According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

 We are to surrender our will to that of the Father, committing ourselves entirely to His care, and letting Him have His way, no matter what. 
 Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

 We are to have courage in the face of difficulty. 
 Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

 Joshua 1:9
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

We are to be patient, and wait upon the Lord. Wait for His direction. Wait for His time. 
 Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
 
 Psalm 69:6
Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord God of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.

 We are to love God, and love others. Not respecting persons, but loving them because Christ loves them, and died for them.  Willing ourselves, to give our lives for them. 
 Matthew 22:37-39
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

 We should be willing to sacrifice all we have, all we hope and dream, in order to be of service to Christ and His people. 
 Philippians 1:21
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

 We must work together for the advancement of the Kingdom. No one can do this great work alone. We're one family, in Christ, and must work together as one. 
 Matthew 12:50
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
 
 We are to forget self, and do the work of our heavenly Father. Part of being selfless is being humble. 
 Proverbs 15:33
The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

 Proverbs 18:12
Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.

 Proverbs 22:4
By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life.

 And finally, when we have all of those, we are sure of victory. 
 2 Corinthians 2:14
 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

 1 Chronicles 29:11
Thine, O Lord is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as head above all.

 Psalm 98:1
O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.

 Isaiah 25:8
He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for theLord hath spoken it.

 1 Corinthians 15:54-55
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

 1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

 Victory comes because the soldiers have faith in their commander.
 1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

 So now, who will fight with me?  

 Prayer is not passive. Prayer is a battle that we fight in secret.  Who will join me? 

 The battle is the Lord's! 

  
             
                           Fighting for the Kingdom. 
                                         Hallie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment